Wednesday, February 4, 2009

new this week

Here are some things that are new this week:

MATTHEW is mobile! Last Friday, I put him on a blanket in the middle of the family room. A few minutes later, I heard his cry of distress (more like a grunt, actually) and came back to discover him on the kitchen tile, a good ten feet away! He has been rolling all over the place and is already getting into crawl-ready position. Watch out!

ANDREW can ride his bike without training wheels! Jeff tried removing the training wheels last year but we quickly put them back on after a few frustrating days. Last Saturday, Jeff took the training wheels off and Andrew rode around like a pro! He has been asking to go ride his bike every day since and I have been doing my best to oblige--for once he is asking to do something other than play video games!

WHITNEY had a migrane headache. (Notice I chose not to use an exclamation point for this one--not nearly as exciting.) It lasted a good eight hours and included nausea and vomitting. I'm hoping this is not something that is repeated!