Monday, February 9, 2009

why i can't have any more children

I can't have any more children. Physically, I might be able. Emotionally, I simply cannot, if for no other reason than I can't handle my baby crying himself to sleep. The other option is not letting him cry himself to sleep and we have both been a bit miserable with that for about two months. If I had no other kids, I'd just go with it--stay up until 1AM if he fancied, spend all day in our PJ's... I could do it. I would except I have three other children and they need me, too. So, Matthew must learn to sleep in his crib rather than with his mom as they both prefer. There's also the fact that he wants to nurse all night long. Once again, I would probably indulge him on that one except that Rebecca ended up needed three crowns after we went that route. Matthew already has two teeth so every night I spend nursing him in his sleep I am putting those little teeth at risk of rotting. Argh. He's been crying for an hour and I really can hardly stand it.