Wednesday, March 11, 2009

catch up!

Matthew started getting teeth back in December. The bottom two look so cute! Not only has he mastered sitting, he is quite proficient at crawling AND is pulling himself up on everything. Consequently, he gets hurt constantly. On top of that, Jeff and I think he may have an earache. I'm hoping to take him to the MD tomorrow. Poor little guy.
Katie wanted a haircut. I cut mine then Rebecca and Katie both wanted to go short. Katie started a new dance class--a ballet/tap/tumbling combination. I've noticed recently that Katie is easily embarrassed in front of a crowd. None of us like to be called out in front of others but it is particularly mortifying for her. I'll have to keep that in mind. Sweet girl.

Andrew started riding his bike without training wheels a few weeks back and was a pro from the start. He really enjoys it. He just finished his soccer season and had a great last game. He had a fantastic coach who helped make it such a positive experience. Yay! He is excited about his 1st grade music program tomorrow night. He was telling me today how much he loves reading. I enjoyed reading four chapters of a book with him.

Poor Rebecca might have a broken arm. She had a scooter accident last week and hurt her arm. She has worn an ace bandage most of the week and has been fine. She didn't wear the bandage today and came home from school in much pain. Jeff took her to the MD and we are to get an x-ray tomorrow. MD thinks it might be a fracture of some sort. Timing stinks! Rebecca has been looking forward to skiing during spring break and is supposed to start basketball this month. I really hope it's not broken.
Personally, I'm over committed and overwhelmed. If I can get through April, I'll be happy. I'm learning to delegate and to say no, both good skills. Scott's wife Cindy and their boys Landon and Parker are here for a couple of months while Scott finishes an optometry rotation. I'm excited to spend time with them. Looking very forward to a relaxing spring break at my parents' cabin. Aahh....