Tuesday, August 11, 2009

happy birthday jeff!!!

As the blog post indicates, today we got to celebrate my man. Jeff turned 38, a number that at one time seamed very big but is not seeming so these days. When Jeff went to his 20th high school reunion over the weekend, he got to have a wonderful birthday meal with his parents and brother Steve. His mom, Ginny, made his favorites: Leg of lamb, mashed potatoes, peas, with white cake and chocolate frosting for dessert. Perfect! I got off easy: Mexican take-out and chocolate cookies. Whatever you want, boss! I did give Jeff a special present by updating our Quicken account. He's an accountant, you know, so that sort of thing is really exciting.
I have known Jeff since he was 21 and think he gets better with each passing year!
He is a fabulous father, husband, friend and provider. He takes such good care of us and is a great example to our children of a hard-working, honest, good, faithful man.
Jeff, we hope you felt as special today as you are to all of us. Happy Birthday!