Sunday, July 25, 2010

pass a burger--it's catch-up time!

When I first saw this photo, I wondered why Katie was wearing such a crazy outfit. Then I remembered she had dressed up for mis-match day at school! Well done, Katie! Mis-match achieved!
Matthew and I really enjoyed having Katie home after morning kindergarten. Katie has inquired about half-day first grade programs, but I think she will actually really enjoy her full day at school. Matthew and I will miss her!
Andrew did a great job in his first year of piano lessons. He performed well at the school talent show and at his piano teacher's spring recital. He also enjoyed being part of a chess club this spring.
All of Rebecca' piano practicing has started to pay off. She is at a point where she often sits down to play, simply for the enjoyment. She played beautifully at the school talent show and even won a trophy at her spring recital for passing off the most songs during a summer piano contest.

All of my kids are generally great siblings to Matthew. He really looks up to them and follows their examples. I am surprised at what fun he and Andrew have together sometimes, given their six-year spread. I hope that they will continue to enjoy each other and be friends over the years!